Sunday, March 29, 2009
Everything is going well so far, but progression is slow. She is still only 1cm dilated, but has thinned out a lot. They are starting a pitocin drip at 10:00 to create stronger contractions. The pill they gave her when she first got here created lots of mild contractions, but not much progress; and the baby didn't seem to like it very much at first either. The doctor said there is a 60% chance of C-section based on the circumstances she came in under (1st baby, no contractions, baby sitting high, not dilating much yet). We are going to go see how things progress through the rest of the night and may make a decision on that if we need to around 6:00 - 7:00 am. We'll keep posting as we can.
Posted by Rylan and Emery's Mom and Dad at 9:44 PM